Director of F&B
As Director of F&B, you will be in charge of the entire F&B department at the Apollo Hotel Amsterdam, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel. The F&B department includes The Harbour Club Amsterdam Zuid, The Living Room by Bodon, the banqueting rooms, the breakfast area, room service for hotel guests, the lobby shop, as well as the entire kitchen.
Because of your great sense of responsibility, together with the F&B heads of department and Executive Chef, you will ensure that the operational teams run as smoothly as possible. A unique guest experience and optimal service are key! You are the expert in guaranteeing quality within the F&B department and exceeding the expectations of our guests. You proactively respond to changes in the staffing of your team. In addition, you train and coach them if necessary and they can always come to you when they are in need of help or assistance. Do you notice that some procedures do not fully meet the needs of the guests? Then you know exactly what is needed to set up new procedures and implement them.
Within this position you are a member of the Management Team and you will report directly to the General Manager of the hotel. You are able to make strategic choices and you are closely involved in revenue maximization through upselling, revenue, cost control and quality improvement. Furthermore, you take care of the administrative completion of ongoing matters and you make sure that everything is well documented.
WHAT MAKES YOU THE PERFECT ADDITION TO OUR TEAM?
- You have completed a related Bachelor study or vocational education and at least 3 years of relevant work experience in a management position within F&B.
- You are creative and know how to surprise us with innovating ideas.
- You are able to prepare and analyze data and figures, and draw conclusions.
- Hospitality runs through your veins and you know how to pass this on to your team.
- Information is safe with you and you can make strategic choices.
- You get energized by working together in an ambitious team!
- You have good communication skills, both verbal and in writing in Dutch and English.
APOLLO HOTEL AMSTERDAM, A TRIBUTE PORTFOLIO HOTEL
Located on Apollolaan in Amsterdam South, overlooking the intersection of five canals, you will find the Apollo Hotel Amsterdam, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel. With a unique interior, well-considered facilities and an excellent city center location, this is the perfect place to stay. Our hotel is within walking distance of numerous museums, parks and the Amsterdam RAI convention center. Close by you will find the Anne Frank House, the Rijksmuseum and Dam Square. Our guests enjoy fine French cuisine at The Living Room by Bodon and international favorites at The Harbor Club Amsterdam Zuid, the place to eat in Amsterdam. In addition, the hotel offers several options for events, including a roof terrace and an outstanding ballroom, all supported by expert catering.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU (ADDITIONAL TO A GREAT TEAM)?
- We offer you a supplement of 15% in the weekends and 70% travel allowance if you live further than 10 kilometers from your work.
- Working overtime? This can be paid out, but you can also choose to save it for some extra time off.
- Eager to learn? We offer training courses from the Leonardo Development Lab!
- Gain knowledge from Marriott International’s Digital Learning Platform.
- Ambitious? You can work on your personal development and grow with us!
- We think your health is important! That is why you can visit Open Up 24/7, the online platform for mental health.
- Do you want to buy products such as an (electric) bicycle or telephone with a reduced price? This is possible with an average of 40% tax reduction via FiscFree!
- Night out? As an employee, you can exclusively use our global discount program!
- And enjoy an overnight stay including dinner and breakfast at the hotel where you are working during your 'Know Where You Work' experience.
Want to know more about why working with us is so great? Then click here!
We are a young company with a large dose of ambition, positivity and creativity! Interested? Then we would like to receive your motivation letter and resume. You can send it to us via the application form. Questions? Contact the HR department!
Apollo Hotel Amsterdam, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel
1077 BA Amsterdam
1077 BA Amsterdam