You are the contact person for the operational departments within the hotel and, more importantly, for our guests! You provide them with all the information they need and answer their questions with a welcoming smile. You make daily rounds along the rooms to check if everything is in perfect condition. In addition, you motivate and coach your colleagues to deliver the excellent service our guests expect. As the coordinator in case of an emergency, you remain calm and controlled. With your attention for details, you never miss a thing and you ensure that guests and colleagues have a safe environment. Furthermore, you'll help out when the Front Office is busy, respond to online reviews from our guests and you know exactly what needs to be done to exceed our guests' expectations.
WHAT MAKES YOU THE PERFECT CANDIDATE?
• You have a completed Bachelor's degree in Hotel Management and/or at least 2 years of relevant work experience within the Front Office.
• You have experience in managing a shift and you are ready for the next step.
• You are proactive, creative and a natural team player.
• You like to work hard and you are not afraid to take responsibility.
• You are fluent in Dutch and English, preferably another language.
• You are available on a flexible basis; mornings, evenings or nights; anything suits you.
• Knowledge of Opera PMS? That is a nice plus!
APOLLO HOTEL AMSTERDAM, A TRIBUTE PORTFOLIO HOTEL
Located on Apollolaan in Amsterdam South, overlooking the intersection of five canals, you will find the Apollo Hotel Amsterdam, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel. With a unique interior, thoughtful amenities and an excellent city center location, this is the perfect place to stay. Our hotel is within walking distance of numerous museums, parks and the Amsterdam RAI convention center. Close by you will find the Anne Frank House, the Rijksmuseum and Dam Square. Our guests enjoy fine French cuisine at The Living Room by Bodon and international favorites at The Harbor Club Amsterdam Zuid, the place to eat in Amsterdam. In addition, the hotel offers several options for events, including a roof terrace and an outstanding ballroom, all supported by expert catering.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU (ADDITIONAL TO A GREAT TEAM)?
- We offer you a supplement of 15% in the weekends and 70% travel allowance if you live further than 10 kilometers from your work.
- Working overtime? This can be paid out, but you can also choose to save it for some extra time off.
- Eager to learn? We offer training courses from the Leonardo Development Lab!
- Ambitious? You can work on your personal development and grow with us!
- We think your health is important! That is why you can visit Open Up 24/7, the online platform for mental health.
- Do you want to buy products such as an (electric) bicycle or telephone with a reduced price? This is possible with an average of 40% tax reduction via FiscFree!
- Night away? As an employee, you can exclusively use our global discount program!
- And enjoy an overnight stay including dinner and breakfast at the hotel where you are working during your 'Know Where You Work' experience.
Want to know more about why working with us is so great? Then click here!
We are a young company with a large dose of ambition, positivity and creativity! Interested? Then we would like to receive your motivation letter and resume. You can send it to us via the application form. Questions? Contact the HR department!
Apollo Hotel Amsterdam, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel
1077 BA Amsterdam
1077 BA Amsterdam